Thursday, February 3, 2011

Boasting




Today I heard a most interesting thing. An acquaintance of mine was boasting about something they are doing. Where is concerns me is that the something they were boasting about has caused them to be sinful. I think so, but do they? No, this person isn't one to take sin lightly. But wrapped in the gold bowed package of modern living what they were boasting about is often admired, yet it is sinful. Sisters sin is sin, even in a beautifully wrapped package. So don't boast about it. There is only one thing that the bible says we are to boast on:

Romans 15:17
Therefore in Christ Jesus I have found reason for boasting in things pertaining to God.

But there are many admonishments against boasting:

Jeremiah 23:32
"Behold, I am against those who have prophesied false dreams," declares the LORD, "and related them and led My people astray by their falsehoods and reckless boasting; yet I did not send them or command them, nor do they furnish this people the slightest benefit," declares the LORD.

1 Corinthians 5:6
Your boasting is not good Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough?

And our wonderful bible is pretty clear on what to do with sin:

Romans 7:13
But how can that be? Did the law, which is good, cause my death? Of course not! Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation to death. So we can see how terrible sin really is. It uses God's good commands for its own evil purposes.

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

Oh dear sisters, we must always watch our words. For the evil one is only looking for a small crack to come in.

Blessings, Tracylea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

A Keeper of My Home, a wife, a mother, a friend, A God lover, Christ worshipper. I am wife of one really cute man, mommie of one fantastic son and daughter of Christ. I love to Keep My Home. It is my favorite thing to do.