Monday, May 24, 2010

Serve the Lord Jesus Christ



Romans 16:17-18 (King James Version)

17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.


Wow, read that again.......and again............and again. That is so powerful. "For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly....." Ouch.

I have been re-reading my copy of Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald. In Chapter 10 Mrs. Chancey points out that we are all servants and true happiness is found in sacrificing for the Lord. Christ is our wonderful model in all this. (See John 10:10 and 2 Corinthians 5:15) As Mrs Chancey wonderfully points out:

"Over and over again, Jesus shows us that true living is found in joyfully sacrificing ourselves for others. It is found in dying to our own desires and wants so that we can pour ourselves out for Christ in the service of others. "
Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald

Are you serving your "own belly" sister? Or are you a servant to our Lord? Do you die to self daily or are you faithful to the Lord when it is convenient? Prayerfully ask yourselves this, I have and I don't like the answer much!

Blessings, Tracylea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

A Keeper of My Home, a wife, a mother, a friend, A God lover, Christ worshipper. I am wife of one really cute man, mommie of one fantastic son and daughter of Christ. I love to Keep My Home. It is my favorite thing to do.