Thursday, May 9, 2013

Reading

As many of you know I love to read.  Right now I am busy reading the following:

Practicing Hospitality by Pat Ennis and Lisa Tatlock
Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney
The Fruit of Her Hands by Nancy Wilson
A Farmer's Daughter: Recipes from a Mennonite Kitchen by Dawn Stoltzfus

I hope to get most of these done this week because I ordered 2 new books and want to start them!
                      
 
 
 
Unfortunately I did not pass my love of reading on to my son.  He will read some but not much.  More that my dear sweet husband, who doesn't really enjoy reading at all. (Which I think is because his eyesight is so bad.  I have noticed many people who don't care for reading have bad eyesight.)
 
Even if my son isn't a reader I am always encouraging him to at least try a new book now and again. Especially one that will enhance his character growth.  Here is a wonderful blog link from Deep Roots At Home for those of you who would like to encourage your son in this area: http://www.deeprootsathome.com/character-building-book-resources-for-raising-boys-part-1/#comment-14974 .  Oh and also for the girls : http://www.deeprootsathome.com/character-building-book-resources-for-raising-girls/ . 
 
"One of the biggest things parents can do to raise children that will grow to be adults full of integrity and wisdom is to read books that sow the seeds of those character qualities you wish to develop from a young age, even drawing that child to know Christ and how He would have them to live." ~Deep Roots At Home
 
 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

A Keeper of My Home, a wife, a mother, a friend, A God lover, Christ worshipper. I am wife of one really cute man, mommie of one fantastic son and daughter of Christ. I love to Keep My Home. It is my favorite thing to do.