Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Whole Wheat Pitas

Yesterday I made these whole wheat pitas. They were yummy. Pitas are nice to have on hand for lots of sandwiches and snacks. I like to just eat them plain. Ds wanted to put a banana covered in chocolate in one. We decided that it might taste a little weird. The cost of the same pitas in the store would be around $6.00 dollars. I think the cost at home was not quite $1.00 for all. We made the pitas as a family and I would encourage you to do this. The key was making sure the oven was at 400 and the pans were hot.

Do you have any cost cutting bread recipes you would like to try? There are many on the web. I don't make alot of bread, but I bought the book The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread by Peter Reinhart and Ron Manville, and I think I am going to work through it this summer. I am also thinking about learning to make cottage cheese. We eat alot of that at our place too!

Think about it dear ones. Anything you want to try? I would encourage you. Practice makes perfect and trying never hurt anything.

Blessings, Tracylea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

A Keeper of My Home, a wife, a mother, a friend, A God lover, Christ worshipper. I am wife of one really cute man, mommie of one fantastic son and daughter of Christ. I love to Keep My Home. It is my favorite thing to do.