Thursday, March 17, 2011

Helping or hurting?


John 5:19 (King James Version)

19Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.


My spiritual gift is the gift of encouragement. I am drawn to encourage, lift-up and praise. I cannot help myself. One of the side effects of this gift is the need to help; solve problems, loan money and give time I don't have. Lately I have been reading alot about "helping" others. And I have learned that I need to determine, with prayer, weather I am really helping or getting in God's way. Am I assuming I am the only "one" who can help when I know God is truly the only one to help. He may and can use me, but He is the giver of all help. I must seek His will.

In most situations before I would go ahead and give, and give. But lately I have stepped back and prayed and prayed. Seeking Gods will in these things. And you know what, it is working. I no longer go stumbling in where God is disciplining or helping a person grow. I feel good and encouraged about my helping. All this by simply seeking the Lords will. Easy!

Blessings, Tracylea




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

A Keeper of My Home, a wife, a mother, a friend, A God lover, Christ worshipper. I am wife of one really cute man, mommie of one fantastic son and daughter of Christ. I love to Keep My Home. It is my favorite thing to do.