Monday, April 19, 2010

Being a good friend



I am a very opinionated person.
Yes, I am.
And sometimes that offends people.
And it should.
But mainly I know it is not pleasing to the Lord.
And I want to stop.

I am very black and white in my thinking. And because I have a very strong opinions I can often seem closed minded or judgmental. I like to argue, too much, and am sinful in this area. When I tell a story, or my opinion, I seldom appear like there is room for a difference of opinion or facts. This has, over the years, caused me some problems. Problems with family and friends alike. In reality I am very open minded. I like to hear others thoughts and can easily be swayed on non-sinful things. I do think I admit when I am wrong and truly appreciate others pointing errors in my thinking out to me. But is that how I am presenting myself?

I have a friend who had to, very painfully I must add, pull me aside in Christian love and tell me she felt like I was trying to sway her feelings about people. What??? I was just telling you the facts. Or was I. She was right, I do try to sway people my way. I do add my opinion when not asked. I don't always tell the facts. I am opinionated and sinful. And He knows and forgives me. And has sent others to help me grow away from this behavior and to readily forgive me.

Praise the Lord for a friend who cares. Friends who see the need to help you grow in the Lord. I can only imagine how hard it is to speak to someone who is as strong willed as I am, in love. Yikes. I am so blessed to have friends who will do this. Thank you Lord for loving me enough to send this poor soul to help me mend my ways before it became out of control.

Do you have a friend like me? Is there something you have been trying to tell her and just can't get around to it? Friend I would encourage you to seek the Lord and with His guidance do it!

I may not always agree with others, but I love you Lord and want to glorify you in all I do. I pray that how I disagree or discuss with others can always be loving and make You proud. I praise you for your words and for bringing others into my life to hold me accountable. I thank you dear Lord for remembering my sins no more:

Hebrews 8:12 (King James Version)

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.



Blessings, Tracylea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

A Keeper of My Home, a wife, a mother, a friend, A God lover, Christ worshipper. I am wife of one really cute man, mommie of one fantastic son and daughter of Christ. I love to Keep My Home. It is my favorite thing to do.